Week 2: January 27– February 02
The Standing on the Side of Love campaign is rooted in Unitarian Universalist principles, but our spirit is interfaith and increasingly we encompass individuals from many faith traditions. Nevertheless, we all believe that each of us is connected and that it takes a village to build the Beloved Community. Let us unite with those from different backgrounds who share our common goal of a more just and loving world.
The Month Ahead
Thursday, January 31
“There are three things that will endure–faith, hope, and love–and the greatest of these is love.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:13
Reach out in your community to do interfaith service projects. When we put aside our differences and work together for a common goal, there is no limit to what we can achieve.
Action for Families:
How much do you know about historic cooperation between faith communities? Take the quiz at http://www.ifyc.org/quiz.
- Interfaith Youth Core
- From Story to Action: Tips for Bridging the Religious-Nonreligious Divide
- “How to Start an Interfaith Community Service Project” from World Faith
- Case studies and directory of interfaith organizations from the Pluralism Project
- The President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- Inspired to Serve: An Online Toolkit for Youth-Led Interfaith Action
- World Faith: The Interfaith Service Network