Job Opportunity: Get Out the Vote with CASA de Maryland
Standing on the Side of Love is posting this job description on behalf of our friends working to engage the Latino vote at the ballot box this November. Please circulate widely.
Field Organizer, Montgomery & Prince George’s Counties
CASA de Maryland is hiring several field organizers for a Latino voter engagement initiative. The project will focus heavily on voter registration and “Get Out the Vote” (GOTV) efforts ahead of this November’s elections in Maryland. The program will primarily operate in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties in Maryland and will involve a combination of door-to-door canvassing, phonebanking, community outreach, and more. Field organizers will be responsible for contacting voters regarding voter registration opportunities and to encourage turnout for this November’s election.
Hours: Field organizers will be employed for 6 days per week (30 hours per week) from early-August to mid-October, with the possibility of employment through mid-November. Organizers can expect to work on a typical campaign schedule. Days and hours may vary by week, but field activities will ordinarily occur seven days a week, including some evenings. Organizers should expect to work weekend hours.
Duties/Responsibilities: Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Engage in door-to-door canvassing to register new Latino voters and mobilize infrequent voters.
- Call Montgomery & Prince George’s County residents to encourage voter registration and voter turnout.
- Conduct voter registration drives and GOTV activities with church and campus partners and at public events.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor related to position.
- Ability to perform all of the duties outlined above.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License and own transportation is a must.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in political or grassroots organizing a plus, but not required.
- Commitment to social change and to furthering CASA’s goals of increasing Latino civic engagement in Maryland.
- Excellent interpersonal and speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Experience working with immigrant or low-income communities a plus.
To apply: Email a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.