Honor Courageous Love
The Courageous Love Award is for individuals or organizations that have exhibited courageous love and touched hearts. Presenting a Courageous Love Award is an opportunity to reach beyond your core social justice folks, and to engage your whole congregation or community in social justice work. It is also a chance to uplift others; strengthen and support partnerships you are already developing; and to join together with joy and with purpose those who have shared values.
When thinking about whom you might honor, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- How might you start new partnerships or strengthen existing ones?
- Is there someone you wouldn’t normally honor, who is outside your group, who might be a good recipient?
- Is there someone who has inspired a local movement for love?
- Is there an organization or individual who has faced oppression, discrimination, and prejudice with grace and inspired determination?
- How might you present a Courageous Love Award in a way that will help stand on the side of love with marginalized communities?
- How might you present a love award in a way that will reach beyond National Standing on the Side of Love Month and strengthen your whole social justice program?
- How might you make this intergenerational and involve families and your religious education program?
Need some more inspiration? Download our list of ideas for celebrating courageous love!