Take a Public Stand
Identify Your Congregation as Standing on the Side of Love
Engage in Actions and Public Events
- When an incident demands a community response, reach out immediately to those most directly affected.
- Co-host a community forum, interfaith public witness event, press conference, or vigil in the immediate aftermath of an incident.
- Use the calendar to publicize your event and invite participants.
Publicize Efforts Through Local and “New” Media
- Be able to articulate Standing on the Side of Love key messages.
- Use Media 101 to hone your skills.
- Contact us for assistance and information about media relations in your community
Model Standing on the Side of Love Community Interactions
- Seek positive interactions with police. Always thank those who provide security for your events. Invite police department representatives to community forums.
- Treat demonstrators respectfully and non-confrontationally.
- Invite participation in a healing and community-building manner that prioritizes love and support.
- Look strategically for the place of greatest impact in your community.
- Invite policy makers and key community leaders to your public events.
- Engage the maximum number of allies in your efforts.
Share Your Story and Join the Network