Submit a Blog Post
Share Your Stories
Standing on the Side of Love is a campaign driven by the work of individuals and communities across the country. Our movement to harness love’s power to end oppression is only possible because of thousands of people like you.
While there are many stories of successes, there are just as many examples of challenges and setbacks. Sharing the stories from our efforts reinforces the importance of the work we are doing, and serves to support those facing challenges and inspire countless others who strive to live their values.
We want to hear your stories. Please use the guidelines below when you submit your blog posts, videos, and photos.
Please submit posts via email to email@example.com. You may submit your post in the text of an email or in a Microsoft Word document. Photos should be attached to the email in .jpg or .gif format, and be of reasonable quality. Someone will respond to you within 48 hours.
While we will work to post everything we receive, there are a number of things that you can do to make sure your submission will appear on the Standing on the Side of Love blog. The campaign may decline to post your submission if it is too long, falls outside of the scope of the campaign, or is not timely.
For all content, please remember to keep it short, personal, and compelling as our effort is to uplift people who are standing on the side of love and keep all our supporters engaged. Please abide by the following recommendations for your submissions:
- Keep the content of your post in line with the mission of Standing on the Side of Love: “To harness Loves’s power to end bigotry and oppression against people because of their identity. “
- Provide all necessary details, including who, what, where, when, why, and how. Do not assume readers know anything about the topic, and do not use acronyms.
- Make sure your post has been proofread and has proper punctuation and grammar.
- Submit content immediately after an event, ideally 1-2 days afterward, not 1 week.
- Keep your post short. A couple of hundred words will do the trick and never more than 750 words.
- Submit photos or video with your post. These can be from your vigil, event, or action, or a even just a photograph of yourself to use in the signature of the post.
- Make sure your submission explains who you are, when the event took place, how it came together, how you stood on the side of love, and the end results. We aim to provide compelling and inspirational content to our supporters, and hearing your story is a big part of this. Let people know why your action was effective.
- If you are writing an opinion piece, please be sure to provide enough support in your posting to help SSL readers understand your reasoning.